Friday, October 21, 2011

Race Fans Will Always Remember Dan Wheldon

Race fans around the world will always remember Indy Car “superstar” Dan Wheldon. I had the privilege to ask some race fans if they were watching the Indy Car World Championship and what was going threw their mind when it was announced that Dan Wheldon had passed way. I also asked race fans if they could share their memories of Dan Wheldon.
“ I was watching the race and I was really sad to hear Dan had passed away. Indy Cars and Oval tracks don’t mix, I hope this doesn’t continue“. - Selina Robison Pennington.
“ I met Dan last year as a guest of Panther Racing at the Barber Motor Sports Park. He was a really great guy. He took the time to talk to everyone of us that was there for the meet and greet. Cheerful, Enthusiastic, Much nicer than I have ever imagined.”- Justin Smith
“My first reaction was pray for those involved, then when they covered his car the tears came, I am still Shook up. God Bless the Racing community and Dan may you rest in peace.” - Nina Leshley
“I was watching the race, and it looked like it was going to be a great one. Then when the wreck happened, I was stunned. A NASCAR restrictor plate style wreck with Indy cars? Cars launching in the air like airplanes? It seemed like an accident from a movie , but it wasn’t, it was real and the worst wreck I have ever seen. I started thinking the worst had happened after none of the drivers would do an interview. Then I got worried, as time passed I got more concerned, then a drivers meeting , it couldn’t be good. Once the meeting was over and they showed Tony Kanaan sitting on the pit wall crying, I realized it had happened.” - Adam Kowalski
“ I really liked Dan, he was one of my favorite Indy Car drivers . I loved it when he won the Indy 500 for the first time for Andretti. I really enjoyed him announcing for VERSUS. He put some much needed life into the Versus booth and I loved when he did the grid run with Robin Miller at Toronto. RIP Dan.” - Adam Kowalski.
Dan touched the lives of so many people and this weekend race fans will get a chance to remember him. Dan’s funeral will be this weekend and a public memorial will also be this weekend.
Funeral services for Dan Wheldon will be held at 10 a.m. (ET) Oct. 22 at First Presbyterian Church of St. Petersburg, 701 Beach Drive N.E. in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Wheldon's wife, Susie, released the following statement to the media on behalf of the family, inviting members of community to attend the service:
"Although the last few days have been unbearable for our family, the overwhelming love and support we have received are rays of sunshine during these dark days. The outpouring of sympathy and condolences has been so comforting, and I want to thank everyone for their kind notes, letters, gifts and flowers.
"Dan touched the lives of many people, and I would like to invite those citizens in our community who knew and loved my husband to attend his funeral service at the First Presbyterian Church of St. Petersburg on Saturday, October 22, at 10 a.m.
"Though we won't be able to fit everyone inside, I know that Dan would have wanted the community to share in the celebration of his life and to grieve his passing. Thank you again. I am forever grateful for your kindness."
Race fans will have a chance to remember Indy Car Driver Dan wheldon in a public Memorial. The memorial will take place at Conseco field house, the arena where the Indiana Pacers play their home games. The VERSUS TV Network, ESPNEWS, and indianapolismotorspeedway.com will broadcast the service live from 4-5 pm Eastern time on Sunday.
Those wishing to send their sympathy and condolences to the Wheldon family, can address letters to:
The Wheldons
9600 Koger Blvd N, Ste. 105
St Petersburg, FL 33702
The Dan Wheldon Family Trust Fun has been established for the financial security of Wheldon’s family. The Public can make contributions to the Dan Wheldon Family trust at :
Fifth Third Private Bank
Attn: Dan Wheldon Family Trust
251 North Illinois St.
Suite 1000
Indianapolis, IN 46204
R.I.P Dan Wheldon. Race fans around the world will never forget your gorgeous smile, Cheerful mood, and your charming ways. You will NEVER be forgotten.


To see another article about Dan Wheldon  Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment